Junior Policy & Communications Officer (CIP)
Allied for Startups is the voice of startups in politics and government. We represent over 40 European and global startup associations (France Digitale, Startups.be, Startup Poland, etc), making their voice heard in European Institutions. We work alongside European and global technology companies and trade associations to improve conditions for digital entrepreneurship at large. Our fields of work include policies and topics relevant for startups, such as artificial intelligence, privacy, online platforms, blockchain, access to talent, funding, etc.
Contributing to our communications activities, you will work at the intersection of entrepreneurial and political worlds, translating technical content into engaging calls for action and giving the right spin to Brussels lingo.
The ideal candidate stays on top of issues with a bright and curious mind and the ability to learn, understand and act fast while demonstrating a sense of humor and team spirit.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Be a self-starting tech & policy enthusiast; an independent thinker and creative individual;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills in English are essential;
- Have a high emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills;
- Possess knowledge and understanding of EU institutions and legislative processes;
- Have an ability to translate and communicate complex issues on point;
- Demonstrate appreciation and skills to lead organisational tasks;
- Be a recent MA graduate in communications, political science or similar disciplines;
- Have the legal eligibility to work in the EU.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contributing to concept and strategy of a 360° communication strategy across platforms, for members, partners and stakeholders;
- Implementing and executing campaigns across platforms,
- Maintaining relationships with startup founders and community leaders globally;
- Playing a proactive role in everyday operations;
- Supporting our global growth alongside our leadership team.
- A challenging experience being part of a young and growing team;
- The opportunity to acquire knowledge and build a network in startup and tech policy;
- Exposure to a vibrant startup-scene, leading tech companies and policy makers;
- Influencing and shaping the public debate around cutting edge technologies;
- Opportunity to put your creativity to the test implementing own ideas;
- 1 year contract with probably the best remuneration package, (including a competitive salary, lunch vouchers and health insurance) & travel opportunities;
- Challenging and unique growth perspectives.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Manon Tabaczynsky. Please include “Application Junior Policy & Communications Officer” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.