Join the dream team!
Junior Policy and Communications Officer
Send us a
We’re hiring! Junior Policy and Communications Officer
About the position
Allied for Startups is looking for a Junior Policy and Communications Officer – We’re looking for a startupper: a self-starter, independent, motivated and tech-savvy individual. As our junior policy and communications officer, your main tasks will be to build bridges between policy makers, startups, and industry, thereby setting the scene and building the backbone of impactful policy campaigns through research and writing, and building connections. Ideally, the candidate has first-hand experience in the Brussels policy space, specifically in tech and digital policy and a curiosity for startups and innovation. We are looking for someone who is curious, has a positive and can-do attitude while demonstrating a sense of political acumen, humor, and team spirit!
About the position
The position consists of a 12-month Fellowship (CIP contract) with the possibility of extension. Your main responsibilities will be to support the policy team in monitoring the policy that affects tech startups. In addition, you will develop a social media strategy and manage AFS’ social media accounts, content creation and visuals.
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
– Be a self-starting data & policy enthusiast; an independent & creative thinker;
– Excellent language skills in English;
– Emotional intelligence and strong interpersonal skills are a must;
– Knowledge and understanding of the European policy decision-making process;
– Knowledge of artificial intelligence, data and platform legislation is a plus;
– Previous experience in communications is a plus;
– Demonstrates skills to lead organisational and administrative tasks;
– Hold a bachelors’ degree;
Main duties and responsibilities:
– Support and lead on digital files that affect startups;
– Encourage open dialogue with policy makers and other relevant stakeholders;
– Contribute to further positioning and advocacy efforts, such as campaigns;
– Play a proactive role in everyday operations and logistics;
– Be part of a unique, dynamic and flexible organisation;
– The opportunity to build a network in policy and the startup ecosystem;
– Exposure to a vibrant startup and innovation scene and policy makers;
– Influencing and shaping the public debate around cutting edge technologies;
– Opportunity to put your creativity to the test implementing own ideas;
– A competitive remuneration package under a Convention d’immersion professionnelle;
Please send us A 1- page CV and 1-page motivation letter in a single PDF that answers the following questions: What do you want to bring to Allied for Startups? And what do you want to learn at Allied for Startups?
Subject: Junior Policy and Communications Officer Application – NAME
Please note that we will be contacting applicants on a rolling basis – the sooner we receive your application, the better!
We are expecting a large number of applications for this position. As a small team, we are unable to answer everyone individually. If you haven’t heard back from us by 30th of May, please assume you have not been shortlisted and we wish you the best of luck!