Join the dream team!
Director EU Policy (full-time)
Global Privacy and Data Flows Fellow
Send us a
Director EU Policy
Allied for Startups is the voice of startups in politics and government. We represent over 46 European and global startup associations (BESCO, Startup Canada, Startup Malaysia), making their voice heard in international organisations and governments. We work to increase the impact of entrepreneurial voices on policy issues such as artificial intelligence, data & privacy, online platforms, digital health, blockchain, access to talent, funding, etc.
About the position
Allied for Startups is seeking a full-time Director of EU Policy to join our international and dynamic team in Brussels! This high-profile opportunity reports directly to the CEO and requires a thoughtful, articulate, energetic self-starter who will:
The candidate should meet the following requirements:
– Advance Allied for Startups’ activities in Europe and globally grow its presence as a credible and reliable body that represents startups and their interest in Brussels;
– Empower a tight-knit team of high achieving colleagues across policy, digital health and communications to achieve collective success;
– Contribute to developing and executing policy campaigns across a range of issues, including data & privacy, AI, platforms, ecosystems and economic impact;
– Engage with policymakers, key stakeholders, opinion and community leaders on all levels; – Lead targeted fundraising efforts through partnership building, events promotion and creative techniques to gain new sponsorships;
– Oversee coordination of all members of the Alliance, ensuring communication across the key group of countries within the EU,
– Represent Allied for Startups at global conferences and build connections for the association in member countries;
– Connect with global policy makers at the international level on behalf of startups and specifically the members of the alliance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
– 6-10 years experience, preferably in a European Institution, trade association or agency,
– Strong expertise on public policy and government affairs, ideally in the technology sector and of policy issues impacting startups and the startup ecosystem;
– Previous success in the government relations field in EU member state(s) or in Brussels;
– Successful track-record in fast-moving environments;
– Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills;
– Ability to integrate with an existing team while giving new impulses at the same time;
– Relationship builder;
– Experience and ambition to be a transformational leader and a role model;
– Strong writer with proven ability to communicate complex issues simply and clearly;
– On the record experience with press and comfortable communicating with members of the media on a regular basis
– Fundraising experience is a plus
– Fluency in spoken and written English; ability with French, German, and other languages is a plus;
– Able to think strategically, define resource needs, and implement tactically;
– Experienced public speaker,
– Proven track record of building alliances with like-minded trade groups or companies;
– Frequent travel within the European Union may be necessary
– The ability to work in Belgium.
Please send your application to the attention of Ms Melissa Blaustein. Please include a 1-page CV and 1-page motivation letter. Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis until the role is filled.
Please send your application to email@example.com
As a small team, we are unfortunately unable to answer everyone individually. If you haven’t heard back from us by the end of November please assume you have not been shortlisted for the position.