We’re hiring! Office Administrator position (Part time)
We are looking for a part time (1 day a week) Office Manager to join our international and dynamic team in Brussels! We’re looking for a startupper: a self-starter, independent, motivated and tech savvy individual. Our ideal candidate will have first-hand experience as an Office Administrator with advocacy organisations in Brussels. The candidate will support the team with administrative tasks, including Human Resources and Finance, as well as perform coordination work for our leadership team.
About us: Allied for Startups is the voice of startups in politics and government. We represent over 46 European and global startup associations (BESCO, Startup Canada, Startup Malaysia), making their voice heard in international organisations and governments. Our fields of work include digital policies and startup-relevant topics such as platform governance, data, artificial intelligence and digital health.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements:
- Minimum of 2-3 years working experience in office administration
- Experience with other advocacy organisations in Brussels, especially ASBLs
- Knowledge of the Belgian administrations and general HR regulations
- Knowledge of Belgian GAAP
- Fluent English and French
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- The ability to work in Belgium.
- Financial management : Prepare outgoing invoices, process and structure incoming invoices, payroll and payments.
- Administrative support: Ensure efficient office management including IT, logistics, and facilities. Calendar management and coordination of AFS leadership.
- HR support: Overseeing, coordinating and ensuring compliance with local HR rules, especially for contract management and payroll.
To apply: please send your application to the attention of Mr Benedikt Blomeyer. Please include a 1-page CV and 3-4 bullet points explaining your fit for the role. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 20th of August. As a small team, we are unfortunately unable to answer everyone individually. If you haven’t heard back from us by mid-September please assume you have not been shortlisted for the position.