We’re looking for a Policy Manager!
About us: Allied for Startups is the voice of startups in policy and government. We represent over 46 European and global startup associations (BESCO, Startup Canada, Startup Malaysia), making their voice heard in international organisations and governments. We work to increase the impact of entrepreneurial voices on policy issues such as artificial intelligence, data & privacy, online platforms, digital health, access to talent, funding, etc.
Allied for Startups is seeking a full-time Policy Manager to join our international and dynamic team in Brussels! The role requires a thoughtful, articulate, energetic self-starter who will:
- Lead, organise, and coordinate our policy priorities and activities;
- Engage with member associations & industry stakeholders to facilitate discussions;
- Advance Allied for Startups’ activities in Europe and globally;
- Contribute to developing and executing policy campaigns across a range of issues, including data & privacy, AI, platforms, net neutrality, ecosystems, and economic impact;
- Engage with policymakers, key stakeholders, opinion, and community leaders on all levels
- Oversee coordination of all members of the Alliance, ensuring communication across the key group of countries within the EU;
- Represent Allied for Startups at global conferences and build connections for the association in member countries;
- Connect with global policy makers at the international level on behalf of startups and our members.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 4-7 years experience, preferably in a European Institution, trade association, or agency;
- Expertise on public policy and government affairs, ideally in the technology sector;
- Successful track record in fast-moving environments;
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Ability to integrate with an existing team while giving new impulses at the same time;
- Relationship builder;
- Strong writer with proven ability to communicate complex issues simply and clearly;
- Fluency in spoken and written English; ability with French, German, and other languages
is a plus;
- Proven track record of building alliances with like-minded trade groups or companies;
- Frequent travel within the European Union may be necessary;
- The ability to work in Belgium.
To apply: please send your application to the attention of Ms. Melissa Blaustein. Please include a 1-page CV and 1-page motivation letter. Applications are welcomed on a rolling basis until the role is filled. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org